Hair loss problems affect so many people in the United States. Sadly, of all these individuals suffering from hair loss, 60% admit that they would rather have more hair than money or even friends. That’s a shame because something so hereditary or random shouldn’t upset people this much, but it does, and it’s up to us to figure out ways to ensure hair loss prevention.
Here are a few common hair loss causes:
- Going through a stressful situation — Life can be extremely stressful, and, unfortunately, sometimes that stress contributes to even more stress by causing hair loss issues. Any kind of physical trauma can lead to hair loss including car accidents, surgical procedures, and even a severe illness.
“When you have a really stressful event, it can shock the hair cycle, [pushing] more hair into the shedding phase,” said Marc Glashofer, MD, a New York City dermatologist.
It’s important to keep an eye on your hair not only in the days that follow a stressful event, but even three to six months after, when the hair loss usually becomes noticeable.
- Taking too many vitamins and supplements — Certain products might help cure other ailments, but they could still cause some addition problems like hair loss. There are a few supplements, like vitamin A, that actually contribute to severe hair loss. As long as you identify the vitamin that’s causing the hair loss early on, you should be able to stop taking that medication and begin growing your hair back again.
- Not eating right — If you aren’t getting enough protein in your body, for example, your body might incorrectly react to other foods and shut down the hair growing process. Make sure you’re eating healthy at all times if you’re serious about combating hair loss.
Hair loss prevention methods
- Use quality hair loss products — Using the best hair loss treatment products available can help combat hair loss issues. Make sure you are taking the correct amount of each product and aren’t mixing too many different products together.
- Consult with a hair loss professional — The best way to prevent problems with hair loss men experience is to actually talk with a hair loss professional. These medical professionals will offer individualized advice that will help you keep your hair for as long as possible.
- Take care of your body and mind — Aside from talking to a professional, taking care of your body and your mind is the best way to prevent hair loss. Make sure you’re eating right, sleeping right, and have a good mind set at all times.
If you want to learn more about hair loss prevention, contact Florida Center for Hormones and Wellness today!