Bio-identical Hormone Therapy (BHRT) for Men
Along with other changes associated with aging, some people experience a gradual loss of hormones. In men, this is called andropause or “male menopause” and refers mainly to decreasing levels of testosterone.
Signs of hormonal imbalance include:
• Reduced Sexual Desire
• Decreased Energy
• Poor Muscle Recovery after Exercise
• Sleep Problems
• Erectile Dysfunction
• Memory Loss
• Muscle Loss
• Increased Body Fat
• Night Sweats
• Hot Flashes
• Urinary Problems
• Hair Loss
Fortunately, bio-identical hormone therapy can help patients find relief from the symptoms they are experiencing from imbalanced hormones. At the Florida Center for Hormones & Wellness, we create customized, medically sound programs that include bio-identical hormone replacement, fitness and nutrition plans.
Individual male hormone replacement treatment programs include:
- Treatment by Dr. Carrozzella, who is highly trained in Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Full review of symptoms, including personal and family medical history
- Comprehensive hormone level testing
- Customized programs to alleviate specific symptoms based on personal medical history and lab result analysis
- Compounded hormones and supplements
- Nutritional and fitness recommendations and support
Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy for men is available in many forms. Through an evaluation of your unique symptoms and a thorough review of urine and blood tests, Dr. Carrozella will make a recommendation that is best for you. Recommended treatment options include:
• Pellets - An implant of Bio-identical Hormone (testosterone only for men) is placed underneath the skin in a concealed area. The implants are small and they are inserted under local anesthetic. Pellet therapy can last for up to 6 months between insertions.
• Creams - Testosterone is absorbed very well through the skin in most people and can be a simple and very effective delivery method. In some cases, though, men will have trouble getting adequate levels of testosterone when using transdermal delivery. Transdermal delivery also risks having the hormone rub off or “transfer” to others who should not be exposed to such high levels of hormone.
• Injections - Testosterone can also be injected directly into the muscles and can be a very effective way to increase levels of testosterone. This method does, however, require weekly or most often, twice-weekly injections to get adequate and constant levels of the hormone.
Dr. Carrozzella will schedule appointments to continually monitor your hormone levels and to review the alleviation of your symptoms. Treatment will be revised as necessary until the optimum balance is achieved.