Bio-identical Hormone Therapy (BHRT) for Women
Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy is a popular option for millions of women who want to improve their health and lifestyle during the changes of life that occur with pre-menopause, perimenopause, and menopause. BHRT is also a very effective treatment for those who suffer from premenstrual symptoms (PMS).
Signs of hormonal imbalance include:
• Hot Flashes
• Night Sweats
• Memory Loss
• Low Sex Drive
• Vaginal Dryness
• Urinary Incontinence
• Mood Swings
• Weight Gain
• Hair Loss
Fortunately, bio-identical hormone therapy can help patients find relief from the symptoms they are experiencing from imbalanced hormones. At the Florida Center for Hormones & Wellness, we create customized, medically sound programs that include bio-identical hormone replacement, fitness and nutrition plans.
Individual female hormone replacement treatment programs include:
- Treatment by Dr. Carrozzella, who is highly trained in Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Full review of symptoms, including personal and family medical history
- Comprehensive hormone level testing
- Customized programs to alleviate specific symptoms based on personal medical history and lab result analysis
- Compounded hormones and supplements
- Nutritional and fitness recommendations and support
Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy for men is available in many forms. Through an evaluation of your unique symptoms and a thorough review of urine and blood tests, Dr. Carrozella will make a recommendation that is best for you. Recommended treatment options include:
• Pellets - An implant of Bio-identical Hormone is placed underneath the skin in a concealed area. The implants are small and they are inserted under local anesthetic. Pellet therapy can last for up to 6 months between insertions.
• Creams – This treatment is usually applied to the skin; however, in some circumstances, the creams can be inserted directly into the vagina for specific treatment reasons.
• Tablets – Tablets are a common and effective way to administer BHRT. Tablets are taken every day by mouth. While tablets have gotten a bad reputation in some circles, that reputation was imcorrectly applied to true Bio-identical estrogen. The bad reputation is applied to estrogens obtained from horse urine and chemicalized synthetic progestins that are NOT used by Dr. Carrozzella.
Dr. Carrozzella will schedule appointments to continually monitor your hormone levels and to review the alleviation of your symptoms. Treatment will be revised as necessary until the optimum balance is achieved.